Saturday, October 10, 2015

Quick Crochet Coffee Cozy - Make in less than 15 min!

I've not been well the past few months (not to worry you, all is on the mend) and one thing that helps me mentally is "Craft Therapy". Crocheting is my comfort craft, when I crochet I feel better. So to feel better, I crochet.

I'm enjoying quick gratification when I crochet at the moment and these Coffee Cozies are just the thing. They keep my mind and hands occupied and can be done in under 15 min including sewing in those pesky ends.


Quick Coffee Cozy

Yarn - Worsted weight
Hook - 6mm (H)

Notes:
- the chain 1's do not equal a stitch
- there are lots of youtube tutorials on the reverse single crochet edging, sometimes called crab stitch

Chain 23 and sl to form circle, be sure not to twist.

Row 1: Chain 1, hdc into same stitch as sl st and hdc in each chain around, sl to top of 1st hdc (23)
Row 2 - 3: repeat above (each row will have 23 st)
Row 4: Chain 1, hdc into same stitch and 1 hdc in the next 11 stitches, 2 hdc in next stitch, 1 hdc in each remaining stitch, sl to top of 1st hdc (24 stitches)
Row 5-7: Chain 1, hdc into same stitch and hdc in each st around, sl st to top of 1st hdc (24 stitches)
Row 8 - Chain 1, reverse single crochet in each stitch around (24 times), sl to 1st to the chain 1 and tie off.
Sew in ends and you're done!



You may share this post with a link back to mrsbrits.blogspot.ca, you can also do anything you wish with your finished creations. There are thousands of crochet tutorials online, while this is how I make my cozies, if you do find a duplicate tutorial it is purely coincidental. I ask you do not copy my instructions or pictures and post as your own.