Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Crochet Slouchy Beanie Tutorial

Here on the Canadian prairies, winters can be long. And by that I mean last year - we had 8 months straight with snow! However long they are, I do love winter, it is pretty and I love the snow. 

EXCEPT - we had a super weird warm January. When the cold temps come back, I will be keep warm and not to mention stylish, with my super easy Crochet Slouchy Beanie.



I use  Red Heart Comfort worsted weight (4) yarn and a 5.5mm hook, and makes a ladies medium-large hat. You can adjust the size smaller by using a 5mm hook or larger by using a 6mm hook.

Here we go!


Row 1: Chain 4 and slip stitch to form circle, chain 1 and do 12 DC in circle, join to top of 1st DC (12dc)


Row 2: Chain 1 and 2 DC in same stitch, 2 DC in each stitch around, slip stitch to join in top of 1st DC (24dc)


Row 3: Chain 1 and 2 DC in same stitch,  DC in next stitch, 2 DC in next, repeat around and slip stitch to join in top of 1st DC (36dc)


Row 4: Chain 1 and 2 DC in same stitch, DC in next 2 stitches, 2 DC in next, repeat around and slip stitch to join in top of 1st DC (48dc)


Row 5: Chain 1 and 2 DC in same stitch, DC in next 3 stitches, 2 DC in next, repeat around and slip stitch to join in top of 1st DC (60dc)


Row 6: Chain 1 and 2 DC in same stitch, DC in next 4 stitches, 2 DC in next, repeat around and slip stitch to join in top of 1st DC (72dc)

Row 7: Chain 1 and 1 DC in same stitch, 1 DC in each stitch around and slip stitch to join in top of 1st DC (72dc)

Row 8-17: Repeat row 7 (72dc)

Row 18-21, do not chain 1, single crochet around in back loop only of next stitch and each stitch around. I don’t join between rows, use a stitch marker and repeat around until you’ve done 5 rows of 72 and fasten off.  




You may share this post with a link back to mrsbrits.blogspot.ca, you can also do anything you wish with your finished creations. There are thousands of crochet tutorials online, while this is how I make my beanies, if you do find a duplicate tutorial it is purely coincidental. I ask you do not copy my instructions or pictures and post as your own.